Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fantasy Hockey 2013 - Bad Call

I have to make a confession. 3 players I called "overrated" before the season started are now 3 of the top players in the league: Vanek, Marleau and Parise. If they continue at their current pace, that may very well be the worst call I've ever made.

In my defense, I was under the impression Vanek was going to be the odd man out in Buffalo this season. The reports I had read suggested they were handing things over to their young guns, and Vanek was going to get buried deep on the depth chart. Clearly, that hasn't been the case, as Vanek has been the best player in the league to start the season, and is logging a ton of ice time.

As for the other two, there's really no defending that. In the case of Marleau, that was personal bias. I hadn't trusted him ever since I drafted him several years back when he posted his abysmal 40 point campaign. And, as for Parise, I wasn't convinced his move to Minnesota was going to pay off.

Now, I've got egg on my face. But, that goes with the territory, I suppose.

Of course, the season has only just begun, so there's plenty of time left for these guys to disappoint, but let's just say, if I were a betting man, I'd be sweating it right now... especially with the shortened season.

No comments:

Post a Comment