Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Recent Moves

Current Roster:

C - Yadier Molina, STL
C - Yasmani Grandal, SD
1B - Adam LaRoche, WSH
2B - Brandon Phillips, CIN
3B - David Wright, NYM
SS - JJ Hardy, BAL
MI - Jurickson Profar, TEX
CI - Chase Headley, SD
OF - Justin Upton, ATL
OF - Chris Davis, BAL
OF - Michael Bourn, CLE
OF - Nelson Cruz, TEX
OF - Austin Jackson, DET
UT - Jayson Werth, WSH
P - Gio Gonzalez, WSH
P - Johnny Cueto, CIN
P - Jeff Samardzija, CHC
P - Lance Lynn, STL
P - Michael Wacha, STL
P - Francisco Liriano, PIT
P - Edward Mujica, STL
P - Kevin Gregg, CHC
P - Luke Gregerson, SD
Bench - Giancarlo Stanton, MIA
Bench - David Price, TB
Bench - Dan Haren, WSH
Bench - Tommy Milone, OAK
Bench - Dan Straily, OAK
Bench - Tyler Skaggs, ARI

Since I'm in a roto league that uses weekly rosters, I'm playing both Jayson Werth and Austin Jackson for the next scoring period. Werth will hopefully be back on Tuesday, and Jackson shouldn't be out for much longer either. And, I needed their bench spots to stockpile a few pitchers who just became available, and could hold value for the rest of the season.

Free Agent moves:

-I dropped Tony Cingrani (SP - CIN) for Michael Wacha (SP - STL)
Yes, I beat everyone to the latest flavor of the month in STL, Michael Wacha, but I did have to sacrifice last month's prize, Tony Cingrani, to do it. I really expect they'll put up similar numbers, and I don't expect Cingrani to be down in the minors for too much longer, but I had to roll with the hot hand. And, since Wacha's time is now, I simply couldn't pass him up for a what-if.

-I dropped Leonys Martin (OF - TEX) for Nick Franklin (SS - SEA)
This move was pure strategy, as my true intent was to put Franklin on waivers, so I could move up a spot after he was claimed (which I did).

-I dropped Nick Franklin (SS - SEA) for Tommy Milone (SP - OAK)
I was surprised Milone cleared waivers, but he did. So, I picked him out of the free agent pool before any one else could get to him. I had previously rostered his teammate, AJ Griffin, by I think Milone is a better bet for the long haul.

-I dropped Yovani Gallardo (SP - MIL) for Tyler Skaggs (SP - ARI)
After his last lackluster outing, I'd seen enough of Yovani Gallardo for this fantasy season. He's a headache I don't need right now, so I figured I'd let someone else deal with him (I'm sure he'll get claimed off waivers, so I should move up a spot, at least). I probably could've traded him, but I doubt I could've gotten a player with Skaggs' upside. And with news coming out of ARI that Brandon McCarthy (SP) is headed to the DL, I was ready to pounce. Best case scenario -- Skaggs pitches like an ace-in-the-making and keeps his spot in the rotation all season long.

-I dropped Marcell Ozuna (OF - MIA) for Dan Haren (SP - WSH)
Although I like Ozuna well enough, Haren appears to have turned it around in his last couple of starts. So, I thought I'd take a chance on him, given his potential. Of course, Ozuna has quite a bit of potential himself, but I simply need pitching more than hitting, so Haren seemed the better bet.

-I dropped Kevin Youkilis (3B - NYY) for Luke Gregerson (RP - SD)
Even though Youkilis just returned from the disabled list, Huston Street (RP - SD) was just placed on it, and I need saves much more than a backup CI. Plus, it's possible someone may waste a waiver claim on Youk, since he just came off the DL. So, there's always that too.

-I dropped Jeremy Hellickson (SP - TB) for Dan Straily (SP - OAK)
For whatever reason, Hellickson just doesn't have it this season. He may turn it around eventually, but I'm not as confident in his ability to do that as I am, say, Dan Haren's, because he's a placement pitcher, and tends to get pounded when he's off. Straily, on the other hand, is a strikeout pitcher, and should be a good option in mixed leagues moving forward, now that he seems to have gotten over his case of the big league jitters.


Recent League Moves (not including my own):

-Traded Hunter Pence (OF - SF) & Chris Perez (RP - CLE) for Alfonso Soriano (OF - CHC) and Grant Balfour (RP - OAK)

-Claimed Eric Hosmer (1B - KC) off waivers; dropped Andy Dirks (OF - DET)

-Added Kyle Lohse (SP - MIL); dropped Rex Brothers (RP - COL)

-Added Mike Leake (SP - CIN); dropped Ricky Nolasco (SP - MIA)

-Added Andy Pettitte (SP - NYY); dropped John Danks (SP - CWS)

-Added Jason Vargas (SP - LAA); dropped Tim Lincecum (SP - SF)

-Added Jeff Locke (SP - PIT); dropped Jerome Williams (SP - LAA)

-Added Jordan Schafer (OF - ATL); dropped David DeJesus (OF - CHC)

-Added Jason Kubel (OF - ARI); dropped Eric Chavez (3B - ARI)

-Added Yasiel Puig (OF - LAD); dropped Tommy Milone (SP - OAK)

-Added Chris Johnson (3B - ATL); dropped Brandon Morrow (SP - TOR)

-Claimed Nick Franklin (SS - SEA) off waivers; dropped Travis d'Arnaud (C - NYM)

-Added James Loney (1B - TB); dropped Garrett Jones (1B - PIT)

-Added Rex Brothers (RP - COL); dropped Wade Miley (SP - ARI)

-Added Jonathan Pettibone (SP - PHI); dropped Brandon McCarthy (SP - ARI)

-Added Bartolo Colon (SP - OAK); dropped Phil Hughes (SP - NYY)


My Current Watch List:

C
1. Mike Zunino, SEA
2. Russell Martin, PIT
3. Jesus Montero, SEA
4. Travis d'Arnaud, NYM
5. Chris Ianetta, LAA
6. Devin Mesoraco, CIN
7. Ryan Lavarnway, BOS

1B
1. Adam Lind, TOR
2. Garrett Jones, PIT
3. Ike Davis, NYM
4. Brandon Moss, OAK
5. Chris Carter, HOU
6. Logan Morrison, MIA
7. Adam Dunn, CWS
8. Jonathan Singleton, HOU
9. Mike Olt, TEX

2B
1. Neil Walker, PIT
2. Josh Rutledge, COL
3. Danny Espinosa, WSH
4. Gordon Beckham, CWS
5. Emilio Bonifacio, TOR
6. Jemile Weeks, OAK
7. Dustin Ackley, SEA
8. Kolten Wong, STL

3B
1. Kevin Youkilis, NYY
2. Nolan Arenado, COL
3. Miguel Sano, MIN
4. Eric Chavez, ARI
5. Alex Rodriguez, NYY
6. Trevor Plouffe, MIN
7. Mike Moustakas, KC
8. Anthony Rendon, WSH
9. Jeff Keppinger, CWS
10. Matt Dominguez, HOU
11. Alberto Callaspo, LAA
12. Lonnie Chisenhall, CLE
13. Nick Castellanos, DET

SS
1. Andrelton Simmons, ATL
2. Brandon Crawford, SF
3. Billy Hamilton, CIN
4. Erick Aybar, LAA
5. Jose Iglesias, BOS
6. Zack Cozart, CIN
7. Dee Gordon, LAD
8. Derek Jeter, NYY
9. Xander Bogaerts, BOS
10. Pedro Florimon, MIN
11. Derek Dietrich, MIA
12. Stephen Drew, BOS
13. Javier Baez, CHC
14. Jordy Mercer, PIT
15. Hiroyuki Nakajima, OAK
16. Carlos Correa, HOU

OF
1. Leonys Martin, TEX
2. Marcell Ozuna, MIA
3. Peter Bourjos, LAA
4. Adam Eaton, ARI
5. Michael Brantley, CLE
6. Michael Saunders, SEA
7. Colby Rasmus, TOR
8. David Murphy, TEX
9. Oscar Taveras, STL
10. Chris Young, OAK
11. Lucas Duda, NYM
12. Jon Jay, STL
13. Christian Yelich, MIA
14. Cameron Maybin, SD
15. Ichiro Suzuki, NYY
16. Joc Pederson, LAD
17. Aaron Hicks, MIN
18. Ryan Ludwick, CIN
19. Justin Ruggiano, MIA
20. Jorge Soler, CHC
21. Kyle Blanks, SD
22. Jarrod Dyson, KC
23. Nate Schierholtz, CHC
24. Drew Stubbs, CLE
25. Juan Pierre, MIA
26. George Springer, HOU
27. Rajai Davis, TOR
28. Oswaldo Arcia, MIN
29. Will Venable, SD
30. Scott Van Slyke, LAD

SP
1. Tony Cingrani, CIN
2. Jeremy Hellickson, TB
3. Rick Porcello, DET
4. Yovani Gallardo, MIL
5. Wade Miley, ARI
6. Justin Grimm, TEX
7. Tim Lincecum, SF
8. Daniel Hudson, ARI
9. Brandon Morrow, TOR
10. Gerrit Cole, PIT
11. Nick Tepesch, TEX
12. Ubaldo Jimenez, CLE
13. Phil Hughes, NYY
14. Brett Anderson, OAK
15. Kyle Gibson, MIN
16. Wei-Yin Chen, BAL
17. Jarrod Parker, OAK
18. Scott Kazmir, CLE
19. Ricky Nolasco, MIA
20. Josh Beckett, LAD
21. Shaun Marcum, NYM
22. Tyler Chatwood, COL
23. Brandon McCarthy, ARI
24. Ross Detwiler, WSH
25. Colby Lewis, TEX
26. John Danks, CWS
27. Jason Hammel, BAL
28. Matt Harrison, TEX
29. Edwin Jackson, CHC
30. Jacob Turner, MIA
31. Jeanmar Gomez, PIT
32. Rubby De La Rosa, BOS
33. Jhoulys Chacin, COL

RP
1. Darren O'Day, BAL
2. John Axford, MIL
3. Joel Peralta, TB
4. Drew Smyly, DET
5. JJ Putz, ARI
6. Dale Thayer, SD
7. David Hernandez, ARI
8. Mark Melancon, PIT
9. Tanner Scheppers, TEX
10. Junichi Tazawa, BOS
11. Cody Allen, CLE
12. Trevor Rosenthal, STL
13. Sean Doolittle, OAK
14. Craig Stammen, WSH
15. Joaquin Benoit, DET

+MLB 

No comments:

Post a Comment