Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fantasy Football 2013 - Recent Moves

Other than the production I've been getting from RG3 over the last couple weeks, my fantasy football team has really been firing on all cylinders... and not just winning games, but steamrolling teams (I won this week, for example, 108 - 64). They've been the highest scoring team in the league over the last 5 weeks or so and have pushed my record up to 5-4 (which may not sound that great, but is good enough for 2nd place in my 12-team league).

And with news of Andre Brown's eminent return to the Giants' backfield, I'm pretty stacked at RB, which is always a good thing in fantasy football. Granted, I could probably use an upgrade at defense -- and another owner in my league has apparently identified that hole, as he's offered me the Chiefs, D/ST several times in exchange for one of my RBs. But I'd much rather play match ups on defense and keep the depth at RB, since fresh legs can be so hard to come by this time of the year. Greedy? Perhaps. But it's amazing how fast RBs can go down once the injury bug starts to bite. So I'm not taking my depth for granted.

In any case, this is what my roster currently looks like:


QB - Robert Griffin III, WSH
RB - Knowshon Moreno, DEN
RB - Stevan Ridley, NE
WR - Calvin Johnson, DET
WR - Eric Decker, DEN
FLX - Le'Veon Bell, PIT
TE - Julius Thomas, DEN
K - Steven Hauschka, SEA
D/ST - Patriots, NE
Bench - Giovani Bernard, CIN
Bench - Andre Brown, NYG
Bench - Dwayne Bowe, KC
Bench - Steve Johnson, BUF
Bench - Kyle Rudolph, MIN


It may be a little Bronco-heavy (and I'm a Raiders' fan), but my philosophy over the last decade or so has been, "When all else fails, turn to Peyton Manning". It seems like he's won me leagues single-handedly over the years, but usually while playing for me at the QB position. This year he's doing it for me by passing and handing off to my guys -- which I think should give me a chance against Peyton's team (who I haven't played yet). Because, the points he scores should be neutralized by the points I'll score off of him -- so long as he throws to Eric Decker, Julius Thomas or Knowshon Moreno. If he throws 5 TDs to Demaryius Thomas, I'll be screwed, but I'd like to think the odds are in my favor.

As for waiver claims -- I've currently got one in on the Bears, D/ST, since the Pats are on a bye this week, but I'm pretty set on my roster otherwise. I was lucky enough to claim Bowe AND Rudolph off waivers last week, so I feel like I've got pretty good depth at WR & TE in addition to my depth at RB. I could probably use another QB to sub-in for RG3, but I don't have the roster space. So I'm going to have to stick it out with him.

We'll see how Andre Brown does this week against the Raiders, but I do have a good feeling about him. His playing time might be limited out of the gate, but the guy is a real bruiser, and he should be exactly what the G-Men need right now. And if he does come up big, then my toughest decision is going to be which RBs to sit each week -- Brown, Ridley, Bell or Bernard. Moreno's pretty much a lock at this point, though.


+CBS Sports Fantasy News
+NFL

No comments:

Post a Comment