Monday, March 17, 2014

Fantasy Baseball 2014 - My Team

I just drafted my team for the upcoming MLB season, and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. I joined a 5x5 roto league on CBS, like I normally do, and as usual, the CBS rankings were completely screwed up. We do start 2 catchers, which changes the rankings a bit, but there was no rhyme or reason to it. Many of the rankings contradicted their own projections. And hardly anyone in the league thought to pre-rank their players, so it ended up taking forever. Granted, it is a money league, so I can't blame them for being overly cautious, but a draft lasting upwards of 2 hours is pretty ridiculous.

In any case, my roster looks much more well-balanced than it's been in seasons past. Pitching has always been the bane of my existence, but I was able to land two elite SP that should cement my rotation, barring injury. I've never felt entirely comfortable drafting pitchers early, because of their propensity to hurt themselves, but I've paid for it. So, hopefully my newfound faith will pay off. The only weakness I can see at first glance is speed. I may be a little short on stolen bases, but I feel like that's a stat I can easily make up for on the waiver wire, if need be.

My roster:

C - Yadier Molina, STL
C - AJ Pierzynski, BOS
1B - Edwin Encarnacion, TOR
2B - Robinson Cano, SEA
3B - Ryan Zimmerman, WSH
SS - Ian Desmond, WSH
CI - Adrian Gonzalez, LAD
MI - Brandon Phillips, CIN
OF - Wil Myers, TB
OF - Shane Victorino, BOS
OF - Michael Cuddyer, COL
OF - Coco Crisp, OAK
OF - Torii Hunter, DET
UT - Anthony Rizzo, CHC
P - Yu Darvish, TEX
P - Felix Hernandez, SEA
P - Joe Nathan, DET
P - Mike Minor, ATL
P - Shelby Miller, STL
P - Jonathan Papelbon, PHI
P - Hyun-Jin Ryu, LAD
P - Grant Balfour, TB
P - Matt Garza, MIL
Bench - Dan Haren, LAD
Bench - Rex Brothers, COL
Bench - Dillon Gee, NYM
Bench - Will Venable, SD
Bench - LaTroy Hawkins, COL
Bench - John Lackey, BOS


Draft recap to come.


+CBS Sports Fantasy News
+MLB

No comments:

Post a Comment