Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fantasy Hockey 2014 - My Team

My fantasy hockey team drafted this evening, and I had the #5 overall pick, out of 12 teams. And I'm pretty happy with how it shook out. I'm playing in a standard roto money league on CBS, as per usual, and this will be my only team for the season.

Lick clockwork, the CBS rankings are always screwed up, year-in, year-out, which is nice, in a sense, because if the other teams in the league fail to pre-rank, quite a few players drop in the draft. On the down side, there are tight roster limits on CBS, and you can only draft so many players per position. So, I wasn't able to draft an extra center or goalie when they were at the top of my list, and had to settle for a winger or defender instead.

In any case, this is who I ended up with (draft recap to follow):

C - John Tavares, NYI
C - Jonathan Toews, CHI
C - Henrik Sedin, VAN
W - Henrik Zetterberg, DET
W - Jordan Eberle, EDM
W - Scott Hartnell, CLS
D - Dion Phaneuf, TOR
D - Roman Josi, NSH
D - Hampus Lindholm, ANA
D - Alexander Edler, VAN
G - Carey Price, MON
G - Jimmy Howard, DET
Bench - John Gibson, ANA
Bench - Alexander Semin, CAR
Bench - Brent Burns, SJ
Bench - Eric Gelinas, NJ


FYI - Brent Burns is listed as a winger on CBS instead of a defenseman (he's changing positions this season), but I plan on using him on defense once he gains eligibility.


+NHL

No comments:

Post a Comment