Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fantasy Basketball 2012 - My Recent Moves

Currently, my fantasy team sits at 4th place in my league. I've recently made several moves on the waiver wire, but have also been trying to engineer a trade centered around Rudy Gay. I'm a little shy on rebounds (thanks to Andrew Bynum), so I've been trying find a suitable upgrade without destroying my FT%.

As previously mentioned, my 2nd rd. pick, Andrew Bynum, has yet to suit up for the 76ers, which would've been a potential season-ender for my team, if I hadn't come up on some of the free agents I have.

My team as currently constituted:

G - Deron William, BKN
G - Jrue Holiday, PHI
G - Jeff Teague - ATL
G - Jameer Nelson - ORL
F - Rudy Gay, MEM
F - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, CHA
F - Kris Humphries, BKN
F - Larry Sanders, MIL
C - Kevin Garnett, BOS
UT - Kevin Seraphin, WAS
Bench - Andrew Bynum, PHI
Bench - Dion Waiters, CLE
Bench - Nene, WAS

I was lucky enough to land Jameer Nelson after he was briefly injured to start the season, after his original owner lost patience and dropped. He's been huge for me, and has been putting up some fairly decent numbers across the board since his return. He's a capable player, so I see no reason for his production to slow.

Similarly, I came up on Larry Sanders after he hit a lull in his play recently. Since I added him, he's averaged 12 ppg, 11.6 rpg, and 7.3 blocks per game over his last 3 games. Yes, you read that right. He's averaging 7.3 blocks per game over his last 3. That's pretty good, needless to say. Granted, he more than likely won't be able to keep up that pace, but he easily could end the season as a sort of Serge Ibaka-lite. The problem is, he's usually in foul trouble, so his minutes can suffer because of it.

And, finally, I just picked up Kevin Seraphin off the waiver wire this morning in exchange for Al-Farouq Aminu. That was a tough decision to make, as I really do believe in Aminu's potential, but Seraphin has been tearing it up as of late, and after seeing him post his 3rd consecutive double-double last night, I had to bite the bullet. Hopefully that move won't come back to bite me.

As for trades, I've been trying to finagle LaMarcus Aldridge or David Lee away from their owners in exchange for Rudy Gay, to no avail. I'm probably aiming a bit too high there, but I figured I'd make an offer, just in case. I'm pretty sure I could get Blake Griffin for Gay straight up, but I'm not too hep on Griffin. He rebounds more, but Gay actually blocks more shots, shoots better percentages, and hits a LOT more 3's. So, I'll probably hold off on that deal. Likewise, I could probably get Chris Bosh as well, who has been playing extremely well this season, but, admittedly, I don't have much faith that he'll be able to maintain that pace.

So, in any case, if the right deal doesn't come along, I have no problem with hanging on to Gay. But, ideally, I'll be able to land an elite PF for him and make up for some of the losses Bynum has left me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment