Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fantasy Football 2014 - My Recent Transactions

  With the first week of the NFL season in the books, my fantasy team is 0-1, unfortunately. Just my luck, I scored more points than any team in the league, other than the one I was playing (who just so happened to be starting Matt Ryan, Knowshon Moreno & Julius Thomas). It seems like that happens to me at least once or twice per season, but overall, I'm fairly pleased with my team's performance.

  I ended up benching Andre Ellington (who is my flex back) in place of Anquan Boldin, because of injury concerns, even though Ellington did ultimately suit up for Monday night. But it appears as if he'll be good to go for Week 2, so I'll be rolling at full strength this week (knock on wood).

  So far, I've made three acquisitions -- one over the waiver wire, and the other two were free agent pick ups. Though I had the #6 waiver claim, I was awarded my top pick in Markus Wheaton (WR - PIT). I could've had Steve Smith (WR - BAL), who was my 2nd choice, but I decided to take a chance on the younger player on the ascent, rather than the old-timer who's probably nearing the end of his career. Likewise, I decided to pass on Justin Forsett (RB - BAL) as well, not that it would've mattered, being that he was claimed with the #1 pick, but I'm not entirely sold on his ability to become Baltimore's lead back in wake of the Ray Rice debacle. I'd give the edge to Bernard Pierce, but I very well could be wrong about that. Only time will tell.

  My second addition was Bobby Rainey (RB - TB), who surprisingly went unclaimed off waivers. I nearly went for Isaiah Crowell (RB - CLE) instead, but given Doug Martin's injury history, I think Rainey may be the better bet for the season. It sounds like Ben Tate (RB - CLE) won't be down for too long, and Crowell will be backing up Terrance West (RB - CLE) anyway, so his road to more touches isn't as direct as Rainey's. With that being said, I have put in a waiver claim on Jeremy Hill (RB - CIN) who was recently dropped in my league, so Rainey's stay on my roster might be a short one if I'm awarded the claim.

  Before the season began, I dropped Blair Walsh (K - MIN) in exchange for Brandon McManus (K - DEN), thinking it was a no-brainer, given the strength of the offenses they play for. But Walsh actually scored more points than McManus in Week 1. Go figure. Nonetheless, I'm fairly confident I made the right choice. McManus should get plenty opportunities kicking for Peyton Manning & co. in Denver, whereas Walsh is pretty much a crapshoot from week-to-week playing for MIN, regardless of how good of a kicker he is.



My current roster:

QB - Russell Wilson, SEA
RB - LeSean McCoy, PHI
RB - Arian Foster, HOU
WR - Roddy White, ATL
WR - Julian Edelman, NE
FLX - Andre Ellington, ARI
TE - Vernon Davis, SF
K - Brandon McManus, DEN
D/ST - Cardinals, ARI
Bench - Cam Newton, CAR
Bench - Carlos Hyde, SF
Bench - Anquan Boldin, SF
Bench - Markus Wheaton, PIT
Bench - Bobby Rainey, TB



My transactions:

-Claimed Markus Wheaton (WR - PIT) off waivers; dropped Chiefs (D/ST - KC)

-Added Bobby Rainey (RB - TB); dropped Khiry Robinson (RB - NO)

-Added Brandon McManus (K - DEN); dropped Blair Walsh (K - MIN)



League transactions (excluding my own):

--Added
Jake Locker, QB - TEN
Lorenzo Taliaferro, RB - BAL
Titans, D/ST - TEN
Steve Smith, WR - BAL
Allen Hurns, WR - JAC
Mike Nugent, K - CIN
Larry Donnell, TE - NYG
Justin Forsett, RB - BAL
Texans, D/ST - HOU
Ahmad Bradshaw, RB - IND
Josh Gordon, WR - CLE
Jets, D/ST - NYJ
Chris Ivory, RB - NYJ
--Dropped
Jeremy Hill, RB - CIN
Jarrett Boykin, WR - GB
Alex Smith, QB - KC
Timothy Wright, TE - NE
Jonathan Stewart, RB - CAR
Dan Bailey, K - DAL
Richard Rodgers, TE - GB
Ladarius Green, TE - SD
Steelers, D/ST - PIT
Ray Rice, RB - BAL
Shonn Greene, RB - TEN
Bears, D/ST - CHI
Joe Flacco, QB - BAL
Christine Michael, RB - SEA



My watch list (based on available free agents in my league):

-QB
Derek Carr, OAK
Josh McCown, TB
Joe Flacco, BAL
Ryan Tannehill, MIA
Alex Smith, KC


-RB
Jeremy Hill, CIN
Isaiah Crowell, CLE
Khiry Robinson, NO
Shonn Greene, TEN
Stepfan Taylor, ARI
Jonathan Dwyer, ARI
Benny Cunningham, STL
James Starks, GB
Jacquizz Rodgers, ATL
Roy Helu, WSH
Jonathan Stewart, CAR
Lance Dunbar, DAL
CJ Anderson, DEN
Dexter McCluster, TEN
Denard Robinson, JAC


-WR
DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
Greg Jennings, MIN
Cecil Shorts, JAC
Marqise Lee, JAC
Malcolm Floyd, SD
Rod Streater, OAK
Devin Hester, ATL
Brian Quick, STL
Andrew Hawkins, CLE
John Brown, ARI
Robert Woods, BUF
Harry Douglas, ATL
Dwayne Harris, DAL
Cole Beasley, DAL
Kenbrell Thompkins, NE
Tavon Austin, STL
Jerricho Cotchery, CAR
Steve Johnson, SF
Chris Givens, STL
Brian Hartline, MIA
Santonio Holmes, CHI
Danny Amendola, NE


-TE
Dwayne Allen, IND
Delanie Walker, TEN
Levine Toilolo, ATL
Niles Paul, WSH
Anthony Fasano, KC
Jared Cook, STL
Zach Miller, SEA
Travis Kelce, KC


-K
Blair Walsh, MIN
Dan Carpenter, BUF
Cody Parkey, PHI
Shaun Suisham, PIT
Nate Freese, DET
Caleb Sturgis, MIA
Dan Bailey, DAL
Matt Prater, DEN
Greg Zuerlein, STL


-D/ST
Lions, DET
Eagles, PHI
Dolphins, MIA
Chiefs, KC
Steelers, PIT
Bears, CHI
Browns, CLE
Saints, NO
Ravens, BAL
Jaguars, JAC


+CBS Sports
+NFL

No comments:

Post a Comment