Monday, September 1, 2014

Fantasy Football 2014 - My Team

  My fantasy football money league on CBS drafted last evening, and I'm fairly happy with how it shook out. I had the #1 overall pick, and took LeSean McCoy (RB - PHI) over Jamaal Charles (RB - KC) and Adrian Peterson (RB - MIN), mostly due to the strength of his O-line.

  My QB is Russell Wilson (SEA), who I drafted over players like Colin Kaepernick (QB - SF), and Nick Foles (QB - PHI). Granted, it's a little risky, but if the preseason is any indication, he may have taken his game to the next level. He's finished as the #9 QB in the league two seasons in a row, so if nothing else, he should be a serviceable starter. And I do have Cam Newton (QB - CAR) sitting on my bench, which isn't a bad fallback plan. He's been the #5 QB taken off the board in ESPN leagues this season (which is insane), so here's to hoping his loss of his receiving corps won't hurt him too badly.

  As I mentioned in the draft recap, I could've had Andrew Luck (QB - IND) in the 5th round instead of Vernon Davis (TE - SF), but I had anticipated a run on TEs, and thought Luck might make it back to me, since he was buried in the (pathetic) CBS rankings. But, there was a run on QBs instead, and I got screwed. Should've seen it coming. Turns out, I could've taken Luck in the 5th and Jason Witten (TE - DAL) in the 6th. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but if Wilson doesn't come out running & gunning out of the gate, I'm going to be kicking myself.

  Although I'm in a 12-team league, rosters are pretty shallow, so there is a wealth of WRs available in the free agent pool. I only grabbed 3 in the draft -- Roddy White (ATL), Julian Edelman (NE) and Anquan Boldin (SF) -- but there are plenty of quality options available. Players like Cecil Shorts (JAC), Marqise Lee (JAC), DeAndre Hopkins (HOU), Markus Wheaton (PIT), Steve Smith (BAL), Kenbrell Thompkins (NE),  and Greg Jennings (MIN) all went undrafted, just to name a few. So I'm not too worried about my receivers.

  Similarly, if I need a backup TE, players like Travis Kelce (KC), Dwayne Allen (IND), Delanie Walker (TEN), Coby Fleener (IND) and Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TB) are all available. Granted, I doubt Kelce will remain a free agent for long, so I may have to drop Boldin for him (since WRs are more replaceable than TEs). But it's not like I'll be needing him with Vernon Davis on my squad (knock on wood). I have the last waiver claim anyway - 12/12 - since I had the first pick, so I'll have to wait till he clears waivers if I do sign him (that is, if he clears waivers).


In any case, this is my roster:

QB - Russell Wilson, SEA
RB - LeSean McCoy, PHI
RB - Arian Foster, HOU
WR - Roddy White, ATL
WR - Julian Edelman, NE
FLX - Andre Ellington, ARI
TE - Vernon Davis, SF
K - Blair Walsh, MIN
D/ST - Cardinals, ARI
Bench - Carlos Hyde, SF
Bench - Khiry Robinson, NO
Bench - Cam Newton, CAR
Bench - Anquan Boldin, SF
Bench - Chiefs, KC



My watch list:

-QB
Ryan Tannehill, MIA
Derek Carr, OAK
Josh McCown, TB
Shaun Hill, STL
Teddy Bridgewater, MIN
Geno Smith, NYJ


-RB
Chris Ivory, NYJ
Dexter McCluster, TEN
Dan Herron, IND
Lance Dunbar, DAL
Donald Brown, SD
Benny Cunningham, STL
Roy Helu, WSH
James Starks, GB
Jonathan Grimes, HOU
Ronnie Hillman, DEN
James White, NE
Robert Turbin, SEA
Jacquizz Rodgers, ATL
Jonathan Dwyer, ARI
Chris Polk, PHI
Denard Robinson, JAC
Latavius Murray, OAK
CJ Anderson, DEN
Tre Mason, STL
Stepfan Taylor, ARI



-WR
DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
Cecil Shorts, JAC
Steve Smith, BAL
Markus Wheaton, PIT
Marqise Lee, JAC
Greg Jennings, MIN
Kenbrell Thompkins, NE
John Brown, ARI
Harry Douglas, ATL
Brian Hartline, MIA
Rod Streater, OAK
Kenny Stills, NO
Andrew Hawkins, CLE
Malcolm Floyd, SD
Danny Amendola, NE
Robert Woods, BUF
Davante Adams, GB
Aaron Dobson, NE
Steve Johnson, SF
Jermaine Kearse, SEA
Cody Latimer, DEN
Dwayne Harris, DAL
Denarius Moore, OAK
Jerricho Cotchery, CAR



-TE
Travis Kelce, KC
Dwayne Allen, IND
Delanie Walker, TEN
Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TB
Coby Fleener, IND
Richard Rodgers, GB
Jace Amaro, NYJ
Jared Cook, STL
Brent Celek, PHI
Tyler Eifert, CIN
Levine Toilolo, ATL
Larry Donnell, NYG
Ryan Griffin, HOU



-K
Nate Freese, DET
Dan Carpenter, BUF
Graham Gano, CAR
Shaun Suisham, PIT
Sebastian Janikowski, OAK
Caleb Sturgis, MIA
Nick Folk, NYJ
Matt Prater, DEN
Cody Parkey, PHI



D/ST
Saints, NO
Texans, HOU
Ravens, BAL
Browns, CLE
Dolphins, MIA
Eagles, PHI
Lions, DET


+CBS Sports
+NFL

No comments:

Post a Comment