Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fantasy Basketball 2012 - Waiver Wire Blunders

Accidentally dropping a player you didn't mean to drop can be pretty disheartening in fantasy. Granted, you can always send out a league email and beg for your player back, but I find that fairly off-putting. I've always said, if you're careless enough to drop someone you didn't mean to drop, you deserve to lose him.

Now I must take my own medicine. Last night I accidentally dropped MKG instead of Derrick Favors. Oops. I picked up Dorell Wright, who is a good player, but he wasn't the 2nd pick in the NBA draft this season. Like a hypocrite, I did consider sending out a league email and groveling, but that would be a bitch-move (as far as I see it). 

So, lo and behold, Derrick Favors is still on my team, and MKG is on waivers. I can't say it does much to improve my prospects for the year, but I don't think it's instant death either. We're still young in the season, and there are plenty of players out there who are bound to step up before year's end. At some point, I hope to recoup at least some of those losses through the waiver wire. So long as you don't lose one of your top 3 or 4 picks, you can manage. Can't say I'm much of a Derrick Favors fan anymore, though. Damnit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment