Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Recent Moves

After completing a blockbuster deal for some pitching help, and a few add/drops, my roster is now much more balanced, and, in effect, stronger. I currently sit in 3rd place, but lead in batting categories over the next best team by 12.5 points (I've scored 47.5 out of a possible 50). Yet, I've only scored 12 points total in pitching (out of a possible 50).

So, I really had no choice but to move Joey Votto (1B - CIN) for some pitching help. I traded him, along with Anibal Sanchez (SP - DET), to the 2nd place team for David Price (SP - TB) and Jeff Samardzija (SP - CHC). I then dropped both Travis Wood (SP - CHC) and Bartolo Colon (SP - OAK), who were both speculative plays, for Brandon Moss (1B - OAK) and Phil Hughes (SP - NYY). I had dropped Moss last week for Lorenzo Cain (OF - KC), but then dropped Cain for Wood after it was reported that Michael Bourn (OF - CLE) would be coming off the DL soon. Cain was grabbed off waivers, but Moss went surprisingly unclaimed. So, I scooped him up again as a replacement for Votto. I could spend a waiver claim on Lance Berkman (1B - TEX), who I also dropped last week, before he was claimed and then dropped again, but he doesn't play enough for my liking, even though he is playing well.

As for Phil Hughes, I signed him as a free agent after the owner who drafted him grew impatient after his first two starts. He then went unclaimed and sat in the free agent pool until I signed him, even though he had put together two quality starts in a row. However, Carlos Villanueva (SP - CHC) was just dropped, and I could spend a waiver claim to pick him up (I have the #1 claim), but I'm not sure I want to waste such a high claim on such a crapshoot. I don't entirely believe Villanueva's for real -- yet -- and I certainly don't feel comfortable rostering Travis Wood or Bartolo Colon, so Hughes was my best best, for the time being. Matt Garza (SP - CHC) is also sitting unclaimed in the free agent pool, but I'm already stashing Sean Marcum (SP - NYM) and Dan Straily (SP - OAK), so I need someone who can pitch now.

But, in any case, this is how my rosters shakes out now:

C - Yadier Molina, STL
C - Chris Ianetta, LAA
1B - Chris Davis, BAL
2B - Brandon Phillips, CIN
3B - David Wright, NYM
SS - Erick Aybar, LAA
MI - Andrelton Simmons, ATL
CI - Chase Headley, SD
OF - Giancarlo Stanton, MIA
OF - Justin Upton, ATL
OF - Michael Bourn, CLE
OF - Austin Jackson, DET
OF - Nelson Cruz, TEX
UT - Brandon Moss, OAK
P - David Price, TB
P - Gio Gonzalez, WSH
P - Johnny Cueto, CIN
P - Jeff Samardzija, CHC
P - Yovani Gallardo, MIL
P - Lance Lynn, STL
P - Wade Miley, ARI
P - Brandon League, LAD
P - Edward Mujica, STL
Bench - Kyle Lohse, MIL
Bench - Wandy Rodriguez, PIT
Bench - Jose Fernandez, MIA
Bench - Phil Hughes, NYY
Bench - Sean Marcum, NYM
Bench - Dan Straily, OAK

+MLB

No comments:

Post a Comment