Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Recent Moves

My team is a beast on offense. I have scored 46 out of a total 50 points in batting stats in my roto league. I lead in batting average, home runs, RBIs and runs scored, and am in 5th place in stolen bases.

But as good as I am at picking out bats, I've had a hell of a time with pitching this season. Bad decisions coupled with terrible luck have left me reeling in the pitching categories. I've scored a total of 15 out of 50 points, to give you an idea just how bad I've been.

And, most recently, I dropped Phil Hughes (SP - NYY) before his big game yesterday (and was unable to reclaim him off of waivers). I had to settle to Jose Quintana (SP - CWS) instead. I ended up dropping Hughes for Juan Pierre (OF - MIA) when Giancarlo Stanton (OF - MIA) went down to injury. My thinking was, this can't possibly be the year Hughes finally puts it together. I figured he'd get mauled by the A's, and then fall back into fantasy irrelevancy. Oops.

And, what's more is the reason I couldn't reclaim him off of waivers is because I just reclaimed Dan Straily (SP - OAK) in the exact same fashion. I dropped him after he was sent back down to the minors after his hideous start against the Angels, and immediately reclaimed him after he was called back up to replace Brett Anderson (SP - OAK) the very next day. Yeah... just my luck. And, to be perfectly honest, I much rather would've spent them claim on Hughes than Straily. Oh well. But, I'm hoping Straily will bounce back in a big way, because his strikeout potential is off the charts.

So, as you can see, pitching is not my calling -- but I did just pick up another batter I'm really high on. He's another Marlin, unfortunately, and I did have to drop Kenley Jansen (RP - LAD) to get him, which is a sketchy move on my part, since I'm rostering Brandon League (RP - LAD). But, I had though Chris Davis (1B - BAL) was DL-bound at the time, and since I'd picked up Edward Mujica (RP - STL) and Kevin Gregg (RP - CHC), I felt like I had enough flexibility at closer to make the move. So, I went ahead and added Marcell Ozuna (OF - MIA). He's a big-hitting power prospect who had been tearing up the minors prior to getting the call. He's now manhandling major league pitching, hitting .389 over his first five games, with a hit in each game, and appears to be the real deal. So, I figured I'd roll the dice on him while two of my guys are still on the DL (Stanton & Michael Bourn, OF - CLE).

My current roster:

C - Yadier Molina, STL
C - Russell Martin, PIT
1B - Chris Davis, BAL
2B - Brandon Phillips, CIN
3B - David Wright, NYM
SS - Erick Aybar, LAA
MI - Andrelton Simmons, ATL
CI - Chase Headley, SD
OF - Justin Upton, ATL
OF - Austin Jackson, DET
OF - Nelson Cruz, TEX
OF - Brandon Moss, OAK
OF - Juan Pierre, MIA
UT - Marcell Ozuna, MIA
P - David Price, TB
P - Gio Gonzalez, WSH
P - Jeff Samardzija, CHC
P - Lance Lynn, STL
P - Yovani Gallardo, MIL
P - Kyle Lohse, MIL
P - Edward Mujica, STL
P - Brandon League, LAD
P - Kevin Gregg, CHC
Bench - Giancarlo Stanton, MIA
Bench - Michael Bourn, CLE
Bench - Johnny Cueto, CIN
Bench - Wade Miley, ARI
Bench - Jose Quintana, CWS
Bench - Dan Straily, OAK

+MLB

No comments:

Post a Comment