Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fantasy Baseball 2013 - Recent Moves

In the last few days, I've done quite a bit of experimenting with my roster. I've added and dropped a number of players before finally settling on my current configuration:

C - Yadier Molina, STL
C - Russell Martin, PIT
1B - Chris Davis, BAL
2B - Brandon Phillips, CIN
3B - David Wright, NYM
SS - Erick Aybar, LAA
MI - Andrelton Simmons, ATL
CI - Chase Headley, SD
OF - Justin Upton, ATL
OF - Austin Jackson, DET
OF - Michael Bourn, CLE
OF - Nelson Cruz, TEX
OF - Juan Pierre, MIA
UT - Marcell Ozuna, MIA
P - David Price, TB
P - Gio Gonzalez, WSH
P - Jeff Samardzija, CHC
P - Lance Lynn, STL
P - Yovani Gallardo, MIL
P - Hector Santiago, CWS
P - Edward Mujica, STL
P - Kevin Gregg, CHC
P - David Hernandez, ARI
Bench - Giancarlo Stanton, MIA
Bench - Johnny Cueto, CIN
Bench - Brandon League, LAD
Bench - Kyle Lohse, MIL
Bench - Wade Miley, ARI
Bench - Dan Straily, OAK

I ultimately decided to add Hector Santiago (CWS) over Kevin Slowey (SP - MIA), Jose Quintana (SP - CWS) and Chris Tillman (SP - BAL). Similarly, I picked up David Hernandez (RP - ARI) over Koji Uehara (RP - BOS), Luke Gregerson (RP - SD) and Aaron Crow (RP - KC), though I had to drop Brandon Moss (1B - OAK) to do it. But, Moss hasn't been getting much playing time lately (he sits against lefties) and I really don't need his bat, now that I've got Ozuna.

But I did entertain the idea of adding Justin Ruggiano (OF - MIA), Yonder Alonso (1B - SD), AJ Pollock (OF - ARI) and Drew Stubbs (OF - CLE) before nixing the idea. I'm pretty happy with Juan Pierre right now, and Ozuna looks like he's going to be a stud (although, I do worry about having too many Marlins in my OF with Stanton on my bench -- which is why I didn't add Ruggiano).

As of now, Brandon League (RP - LAD) & Wade Miley (SP - ARI) are in danger of getting cut. I'll probably cut Kyle Lohse (SP - MIL) a little more slack, but not much. And Dan Straily (SP - OAK) is an experiment, at this point. I want to see if he can get into the groove after pitching a few games in the big leagues, because his K potential is for real (as is Hector Santiago's).

+MLB

No comments:

Post a Comment